Cougar Elementary School
Cougar Elementary is unique in that it offers small-group instruction as part of its Parallel Block Scheduling system. The system also offers specialized instruction in certain content areas.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 2001
- Number of students: 789
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None
- Accreditation/licenses: Certified by the State of Virginia
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 105
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school is very engaged with the community. Faculty send home a weekly newsletter for parents.
- What makes this community special?: "The support of the parents, who are referred to by staff members as 'stakeholders.'"
- Grade levels: Pre-kindergarten to second grade
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Infirmary, Language lab