Selling your home can be a stressful event if you are not prepared. These five home selling tips will help to eliminate some of the stress.
1. Get Paperwork Organized—Gather all those warranties and contracts you have on items like home warranties, pest control company, security alarms, lawn maintenance, pool maintenance, contractors you use. This is information that prospective buyers will want to have.
2. Have a Home Inspection—It's always a good idea for the seller to have a home inspection done. No matter how well maintained your home is there’s almost always something that will surprise you. Most of the time it’s in places like the attic or crawl space.
3. Make Repairs or Get Estimates—Have a leaky faucet or broken window? Then repair it or get an estimate as to what the cost will be to repair. This will save you time and money in the long run. When buyers see items that need repair they start looking for more.
4. Start Packing—Personal belongings that are not being used should be packed up. This will help to de-clutter the home and let the buyers concentrate on the property and not your stuff. Use the garage or one room in the house to store the boxes or rent a storage unit.
5. Ramp up the Curb Appeal—Trim the trees and bushes, keep the grass cut and clean up all the debris. Plant some flowers or add potted plants to the front. Clean the front door and remove all comp webs. If the paint appears faded than add a fresh coat of paint and change old worn door knobs.
Selling a home can be an emotion experience. If you are organized and prepared this will help to eliminate the stress of selling and you will be more prepared and in control of the situation.