The National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory for Manassas Park on Wednesday.
Manassas Park and Northern Virginia can expect heat index values of around 105 degrees Wednesday. The advisory is set for 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday.
What's a heat advisory?
"A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is expected," said an NWS alert. "The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun and check on relatives and neighbors."
Do you know the signs of heat exhaustion?
- Complaints of light headedness/dizziness
- Altered mental status/ “clouded judgment”
- Rapid pulse
- Extreme or limited amounts of sweating
NWS offers the following tips for staying cool:
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Stay out of the sun
- Stay in an air-conditioned room
- Reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or late evening
- Wear light-weight and loose fitting clothing when possible
- If you must work outdoors, schedule frequent rest breaks in shaded or air-conditioned areas.
Where to Stay Cool in Town