On Thursday, February 6th at approximately 8:30 p.m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a reported structure fire in a single family home located in the 9400 block of Victoria Street in Manassas.
Upon arrival, firefighters observed smoke showing from the home’s front and eaves. Firefighters entered the home and proceeded to attack and extinguish the fire.
The home was vacant at the time of the fire; however, smoke detectors were present and sounded alerting a passerby of the fire. No injuries. Preliminary damage estimate is $8,000.
The fire is currently under investigation by the Fire Marshal’s Office.
Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue would like to remind residents that smoke alarms save lives. You double your chances of surviving a fire when you install working smoke alarms in your home.
- Install smoke detectors on every level within the home including the basement.
- Test smoke detectors monthly and replace batteries as needed.
- Change batteries when you change clocks (spring and fall).
- Replace smoke detectors every 10 years.