If you didn’t get one of the 3,600 Santa Train tickets that sold out in less than five minutes last week, all hope is not lost.
The Virginia Railway Express is selling 300 overstock tickets for Saturday’s Santa Train which features train rides departing from Burke, Woodbridge, Leeland Road and Manassas, VRE officials said Monday morning.
The $6 tickets go on sale Tuesday at 9 a.m. Order tickets by emailing a ticket request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ticket request received before 9 a.m. won’t be considered, VRE officials said.
No more than six tickets can be purchased for the following train rides:
- Cupid Express departing Burke at 10:30 a.m.
- Dancer Express departing Manassas at 9 a.m.
- Prancer Express departing Woodbridge at 10:30 a.m.
- Dasher Express department Leeland Road at 8:30 a.m.
- Vixen Express departing Leeland Road at 10 a.m.
- Blitzen Express department Leeland road at 2 p.m.
Some 3,600 Santa Train tickets were available online, and 3,600 were available through in-person vendor sales this year, VRE spokesperson Mark Roeber said.
Tickets sold out online in four minutes; all vendor tickets were gone by 12:30 p.m. Monday, he said.
The 300 tickets for sale on Tuesday are those withheld by VRE, just in case PayPal mistakenly oversold online tickets, as it has in the past, Roeber said.
It didn’t happen this year, so they are releasing the tickets, he added.
In addition to the six aforementioned trains, overstock tickets will be sold for the following:
- Elf Express departing Burke at noon
- North Pole Express departing Manassas at 1:30 p.m.
- Rudolph Express departing Leeland Road 3:30 p.m.