If You're Going ...
What: Super NoVA Transit and TDM Vision Plan for Northern Virginia meeting
Who: The public and the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation
When: Monday, Sept. 24 6 to 8 p.m.
Where: Four Points By Sheraton Manassas Battlefield Hotel at 10800 Vandor Lane.
Opinions about the state of public transportation in Northern Virginia will be heard Monday at the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation’s meeting in Manassas.
Agency representatives will present residents, especially those who travel in Northern Virginia, with the Super NoVa Transit and TDM Vision Plan which includes draft recommendations on improving regional travel.
Planners have and will continue to do extensive evaluation of future population growth, employment trends, land use and travel demand as part of the process.
The plan also includes:
- Expansive commuter bus network throughout the region
- Interconnected network of high-capacity transit services in the region’s urban areas
- Network of hubs to connect people to transportation services and programs
- Increased coordination of local transit services across jurisdictional boundaries
- Pedestrian and bicycle improvements to enhance connections to transit services and facilities
- Comprehensive regional TDM strategy and programs
- Leveraging technology to enable people to make informed decisions about travel
Monday’s meeting in Manassas is the second of three scheduled public meetings held in Northern Virginia about the Super NoVA plan.
The first was on Tuesday in Alexandria; the Manassas meeting is at the Four Points By Sheraton Manassas Battlefield Hotel at 10800 Vandor Lane.
The third and final meeting is Thursday at Herndon Middle School at 901 Locust Lane.
All the meetings follow the same schedule with the program beginning at 6:30, a transportation presentation at 7 p.m. and the conclusion at 8 p.m.
The presentation is also online at www.SuperNoVaTransitVision.com. Public comment forms are online as well. Written comments may be mailed to:Super NoVa Transit/TDM Vision Plan Attn: Public Comment 11400 Commerce Park Drive, Suite 400 Reston, VA 20191
Comments must be received by Oct.1 to be included in the official record.