September 11th Commemoration Ceremony Planned for County Complex
A ceremony will be held at the county’s Liberty Memorial.
In commemoration of 9/11, Prince William County will be holding a ceremony at the county’s Liberty Memorial on Sept. 11 at 1:30 p.m.
Board of County Supervisors Chairman Corey Stewart will make brief remarks at the ceremony including the reading of the names of county residents who died on 9/11.
Flowers will also be placed on the memorial to honor those who died, an annual tradition.
The memorial is located at 1 County Complex Ct. in Woodbridge.
Names of the fallen Prince William County residents are also inscribed on the Liberty Memorial:
● Sergeant First Class John J. Chada, U.S. Army, Retired
● Specialist Jamie L. Fallon, U.S. Navy
● Amelia V. Fields
● Lt. Col. Robert J. Hymel, U.S. Air Force, Retired
● Sergeant Major Lacey B. Ivory, U.S. Army
● Judith L. Jones
● David W. Laychak
● James T. Lynch, Jr.
● Gene E. Maloy
● Robert J. Maxwell
● Molly L. McKenzie
● Craig J. Miller
● Diana B. Padro
● Rhonda S. Rasmussen
● Edward V. Rowenhort
● Judy Rowlett
● Donald D. Simmons
● Jeff L. Simpson
● Cheryle D. Sincock
● Chief Information Systems Technician Gregg H. Smallwood, U.S. Navy
● Sergeant Major Larry L. Strickland, U.S. Army
● Sandra L. White