Three adults and four children were displaced by a fire that started upstairs in their Manassas Park home Friday afternoon.
It happened at 12:45 p.m. at a home in the 2000 block of Manassas Drive when an electric short in a clothes dryer circuit caused a fire upstairs, Manassas Park Fire Marshal Mark Joyner said Friday. He estimates the fire damage at
Manassas Park firefighters were aided in their work by firefighters from Manassas City and Prince William County.
There were no serious injuries, but one adult resident received minor burns on the hand and was treated at the scene, Joyner said.
The displaced family is receiving temporary housing by the Red Cross of the National Capital Region.
Want Manassas Park news and information in your inbox? Learn more about free newsletters here.