- Organization: The Northern Virginia Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Causes: Educational, Health, Seniors
- Date(s): Volunteers are presently needed
- Contact person: Lisa Callahan
- Phone: 703-324-5861 or 703-324-5422
- Email: lisa
- Website: www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ltcombudsman
Help residents of nursing and assisted living facilities in Northern Virginia advocate for their rights, resolve conflicts and improve their quality of life. The Northern Virginia Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program needs volunteers to commit four hours a week for one year. Volunteers set their own schedules and receive training and support. Visits usually occur between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. on weekdays.